Sunday, April 25, 2010

life's a hockey game...

some of you may not know of my love for hockey...i LOVE it!!! with the stanley cup finals coming nearer i've been watching and keeping up with it...(my penguins are going to go ALL THE WAY!!!) but this blog just isn't to inform you about my love for hockey but to tell you about something i was thinking about while i was watching a game a week ago...

life's a hockey game...

i am skating as hard as i can to reach my goal...put the puck in the net...and there are obstacles in my way...really big guys...they will do anything to keep me from making my shot...they will shove me...push me...knock me off my feet...run me into the wall..and beat me in the face when they get the chance...even when i feel like i can't go on...i need to keep going for my goal...and in hockey the big goal is the stanley cup...

while i'm playing in this hockey game we call life...all my temptations and weaknesses are there...knocking me down...preventing me from getting to my goal...Jesus Christ...my goal is to be as on fire and close to Him as i can be...every time i get knocked down by all those sins that control my life...He's there...He's my captain...He's always there in my game to help me and keep me on track...

even if you don't enjoy hockey...think about the next time you get knocked off your path with God and think of a big guy covered with huge hockey pads hitting you full force off your track to the net...

"i press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." -philippians 3:14

"i have fought the good fight, i have finished the race, i have kept the faith." -2 timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment